Applicant and Student Forms

Academic Governance

Student and Applicant Forms

For applicants, forms to appeal application and admission to the University. For students, forms to appeal academic decisions, extenuating circumstances and suspension of studies.

Student Forms

Forms to appeal academic decisions, extenuating circumstances and suspension of studies.

Go to Academic Regulations for details of the following:

  • Academic Appeals (Awards and Progression) Procedure
  • Student Misconduct Procedure

For complaints please go to the Complaints Handling Procedure

The University operates a Fit to Sit Policy and our video provides a short overview of the Policy:

Further detail can be found in the Fit to Sit Policy and the Coursework Extension and Deferral Request Forms.

Session 2022-23

For Session 2022-23, the University will continue to operate a self-certification process for Coursework Extension Requests and Deferral Requests. Self-certification is not in operation in relation in relation to  Academic Appeals (Awards and Progression) Procedure, Academic and Non-Academic Misconduct Appeals and Fitness to Practise Appeals so the expectation is that any students appealing will provide supporting evidence.

School Email Addresses

Email your completed form to the relevant School.

You will receive an automated receipt of your email which you should retain for your records. In the event you do not receive a receipt then please contact your School.

For all other enquiries please refer to the University Contacts page.

Admissions – Applicant Feedback and Appeal Procedure

The University is committed to providing a high level of service to all applicants during the application and admission process. Any applicant who is dissatisfied with the initial outcome of the consideration of their application should follow the process, in order:

Requests for further information or submissions of Appeal should be mailed to

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)

To view reports on recent cases investigated by the SPSO, go to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman website, and search for "Robert Gordon University".

Cookie Consent