Find out the latest guidance and information about the impact of COVID-19 on the University.

COVID-19: Advice for Staff, Students and Community
Academic Record Requests

Get in Touch

Academic Record Requests

Former Students can request copies of their Academic Records.

Replacement certificate

You can request a replacement certificate through The Student Records Team if your original has been lost, stolen or damaged.

Replacements cost £35 and will usually bear the name of the graduate as they were known at the time of graduation. Replacement certificates can be posted by courier to international destinations at an additional cost of £20.

Please complete the Replacement Certificate Enquiry form to begin the initial request. 

If your circumstance for requiring a replacement certificate is sensitive, and you would prefer to speak with someone directly, please contact the Student Records Team on +44 (0) 1224 262205.

Academic record requests

Transcript requests for studies undertaken from 1998 onwards are processed directly by individual schools. Please contact the course administrator for your school.

Transcript requests for studies between 1988 and 1998. Please fill in the Replacement Transcript Enquiry Form to begin the process. Replacement Transcripts can be posted by courier to international destinations at an additional cost of £20.

RGU is unable to provide academic transcripts for studies prior to 1988. 

Graduates from full-time undergraduate courses who completed their studies from 1 August 2013 will have access to their Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) via the online service provided by GradIntel. 

Graduates from part-time undergraduate courses, graduate certificate courses and post-graduate certificate, diploma and master level courses who completed their studies from 1 August 2014 onwards will be provided with online access to a Diploma Supplement. This service is provided by GradIntel.

Confirmation of Study and Award Letters

The Student Records and Information Team can provide former students with official letters of confirmation. Please send an email to for further information. 

Official letters of confirmation are free of charge. There will be a charge of £20 if letters are requested to be sent by courier to international destinations

Cookie Consent